Recipe Submitted by : The Dessert Cart [ <- Click for more such wonderful recipe from The Dessert Cart]
Makes: 10 Pizza Tartlettes
Ingredientsfor souce :
2 onions chopped
1 capsicum chopped finely
8 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt, Sugar and Chilly Powder to taste
- Blanch the tomatoes.
- Let them cool, then peel them.
- Now in a saucepan, heat the olive oil, add chopped onions and capsicum, and sauté, for 2 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes and garlic in the mixer, and puree.
- Add the tomato puree in the saucepan.
- Keep on cooking till the mixture thickens.
- Add all the spices, except oregano.
- Take the saucepan off the flame and add oregano.
Ingredients for base :
2 cups flour
¾ cup water
2 teaspoons sugar
15g fresh yeast
2 tablespoons oil
100-150g cheddar or pizza cheese
2 teaspoons salt approx
Chilly flakes and mixed herbs
4-5 sliced Mushrooms
Chopped Capsicum as per your requirement
Sliced Olives as per your requirement
- Make the water luke warm.
- Add sugar, fresh yeast, sprinkle some flour on top and keep aside.
- Sieve the flour and add salt, oil, chilly flakes and mixed herbs.
- Make a soft dough with the yeast mixture, using the knead and fold method.
- Cover the dough with a plastic sheet and keep aside for 45 minutes.
- Punch it and bring to the original size.
- Grease 10 loose bottom mini tart pans.
- Roll out tiny circles of the pizza dough to the required personal size and thickness, and press it onto the pan using your fingertips.
- Spread the sauce evenly.
- Add the toppings.
- Finally, grate the cheese over it.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Leave it to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until the sides are golden.