Recipe Submitted by : Arabic Bites
Kheema(mutton mince) 500gms
Channa daal 1/4 cup
Green cardamoms 4 nos
Cinnamon 2 sticks
Shahi jeera 1/2 tsp( black cumin seeds)
Onion 1 Chopped
Giner garlic paste 2tsp
Red chilly powder 1tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Fresh coriander 2 tbsp
Fresh mint 2 tbsp
Green chillies 2
Oil to shallow fry
For the filling
Hung yogurt 250gms
Onions 1 (chopped finely)
Green chillies 2Fresh coriander 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Fresh mint 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Black pepper powder 1 tspSalt as per taste
- Heat oil in a handi. Add green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, mountain moss and royal cumin seeds.
- Stir over medium heat. Now onions and garlic.Saute till done.
- Add the meat ,channa daal,salt, red chillies and turmeric.
- Now add the coriander, mint and green chillies. Stir.
- Add 2 cups of water, bring to a boil till the daal is cooked and the water is completely absorbed.(u can cook in pressure cooker also)
- When the meat is cooked, remove, cool and transfer to a blender and mince.
For the filling,
- Take hung yogurt, add onions, green chillies, chopped coriander and mint. Add black pepper and mix it all in a bowl.
- Now flatten each mince ball, place a portion of the filling in the middle and cover to make 3/4 inch patties.
- Heat a little oil in a kadai(pan) and shallow fry the kebabs for 3-4 minutes, till they look brown.