Recipe Submitted by : The Dessert Cart [ <- Click for more such wonderful recipe from The Dessert Cart]
Plain Flour 3 cups
Olive Oil 3 tbsp
Salt 2 tsp
Onions 3 pcs, medium size
Lukewarm Water 1 1/2 cup
Fresh Yeast 1 1/2 tbsp
Sugar 2-3 tsp
Oil for frying onions
Oven Temperature 180 deg C / 350 deg F / Gas 4
- Add sugar and yeast to the lukewarm water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil. Fry the onions, till translucent. Add little salt.
- Keep some fried onions for toppings.
- Mix the flour with oil and salt. Add the onions and mix well.
- Make a soft dough with the yeast mixutre. Knead throughly.
- Cover the dough with a plastic sheet and keep aside for 45-60 minutes.
- The dough will become double in size.
- Punch it back to its original size.
- Grease a baking tray and shape the dough and keep it aside for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fried onions on top of the dough.
- Now bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, till the crust turns brown.
- Take it out and brush it with butter.