Recipe Submitted by : Baking Memories Last [ <- Click for more such wonderful recipe from Baking Memories Last]
Duration 60-80 Minutes
Large size graham cracker pie crust
2 – 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
Ingredients for topping
1 & 1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With blender, mix together cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 tsp. salt until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each added.
- Place graham cracker crust on a baking sheet.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes, the center will not look done yet.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 & 1/4 cups sour cream, 2 tbsp. sugar, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla until mixed well.
- Spread mixture over cheesecake.
- Place cheesecake back in the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool.
Tip: To prevent cracking your cheesecake, place a shallow pan of hot water on the bottom oven rack and keep the oven door shut while baking. A cheesecake takes several hours to chill and set. When cutting cheesecake, dip the knife or pie server into hot water and clean it after each slice you cut.
You can add fresh or frozen fruit on top if desired.