Submitted by:Chaska House
Ingredients for dough: (it makes 8 naan)
Wheat flour 2 cups
All purpose flour/Maida 2 cups
Yeast 1 tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Salt half tsp
Baking powder 1/3 tsp
Oil half cup
Yoghurt 5 tbsp heaped
Milk half cup for kneading
Mix all the above ingredients and knead well till it becomes soft. Now cover this dough in airtight box and leave it for an hour till it rise perfectly.
Ingredients for filling:
Potatoes 2 large, boiled and mashed
Spring onion chopped 1/3 cup
Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1/3 cup
Salt 1 and a half tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp heaped
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Cumin seeds powder 1 tsp
Dy coriander powder 1 tsp
Chaat maslaa 1 tsp
Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl and keep aside till dough rises.
Butter and sesame seeds for toping
- Preheat oven 200c.
- Place the foil or wax paper in baking tray.
- Now make 16 small balls with dough. Take 2 balls and rollout 3 to 4 inches in round shape. Place potato masala on 1 roti and cover with another one.. Press sides to seal the filling.
- Now again roll out. I use my fingers to do this. Now it depends on u how much thickness of naan u wants. I prefer thin.
- Place rolled naan on baking tray sprinkle sesame seeds and press with your hands.
- Bake from both sides till nicely brown. Remove from oven and apply butter on them.
- Make all naan with this method. Serve with ketchup or chutni.