Submitted by : Manna Majumder
Duration : 20 minutes
Serve : 4
4 pieces katla fish/ Ruhu fish steak like pieces
1 tsp of turmeric powder
½ tsp of kalojeera / kalonji
1 bay leaves
3 green chilly silted
½ tsp of sugar
4 to 5 pieces of raw mango pieces de skinned
A pinch of garam masala powder
A pinch of hing (optional)
1 tsp of mustard sauce or mustard paste
6 to 8 tbsp of mustard oil
Salt to taste
- Rub the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan. Then fry the fish till they are golden in both sides. Set aside.
- Add kalojeera, bay leaves. As you get the frying smell of kalojeera then add the pieces of raw mango and salt and turmeric powder.
- Sauté this for a minute and add mustard sauce mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water if you want more soup you can add more water. Let it boil in high flame for 5 minutes then add sugar, hing, garam masala powder, silted green chilly ( while serving make sure to give one green chilly with each fish piece because some love to mash it and have it with rice and it add an extra taste).
- Now add the fried fish let it boil for another 2 minutes then put off the flame. Give 10 minutes standing time before serving and Serve with hot steamed rice.