Recipe Submitted by : Purvas-Food-Funda [Click and find more such recipes from Purvas-Food-Funda]
Mangoes- 3 med sized, peeled and chopped
Sugar- 6 tbsp
Milk- ¼ cup
Cardamom powder- ¼ tsp
Saffron- 8-10 strands, lightly roasted (optional)
- In a blender, mix the mango pieces and the milk and blend.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder, saffron, and blend again.
- Pour the Aamaras (mango smoothy) into individual bowls and serve with hot puri or chapatti. Or cool this………eat as smoothy.
- Use mostly Alphonso or Payari mangoes for Aamaras.
- The quantity of the sugar used depends on the sweetness of the mangoes. Increase the sugar if the mangoes are sour and decrease if they are sweet…so simple.