Submitted by : Joure’s Rustic Kitchen
5 medium apples, grated, and excess juice squeezed out – skin on!
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup self raising flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
Oil for frying
- Mix the beaten eggs well into the grated apple.
- Add the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add the flour and mix it well, making sure it has the texture of slightly runny dough.
- In the oil, fry about a tablespoon’s worth at a time. The oil shouldn’t be too hot, they burn easily.
- Drain well and serve with honey!