Submitted by :Ramadan Recipes
Duration : 60 minutes
Serve : 6-8
Lamb shoulder 1 kg( about 4, 6 pieces)
Rice 3 cups (soaked in water for approx 1 hour)
Raisins 1/2 cup
2 Grated carrots
2 medium Onions (cut thinly)
1 tbl spoon Garlic and ginger paste
1 cup of green part of the spring onions.
cooking oil 1/2 cup
salt to taste
- Wash the meat, place in pan add garlic/ ginger paste, salt a bit of saffron (2 pinch) and 1 glass water and let to boil.
- After 1st boil on low heat leave the meat to cook until tender. once tender separate the meat from the stock.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the meat pieces and fry until golden from all sides, take it out and in the same oil add grated carrots, green part of spring onions, sliced onions and raisins and fry lightly.
- Add the stock after it starts to boil add the rice (which were soaked for an hour), add salt (to taste) and let the water dry (Do not let it dry out) then place the fried golden meat pieces on top, cover and leave it to cook on very low low heat. (dum py rakh do)
- After about 20 minutes take off from heat, garnish with green coriander and serve with raita….