Recipe Submitted by : Fountain Avenue Kitchen [Click and find more such recipes from Fountain Avenue Kitchen]
Avocado, cut in half and pit removed
1 egg per avocado half
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Herbs for garnish (optional): basil, chives, dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop enough avocado out to make room for one egg. I just ate that right away. I also made my first hole too small and had a little egg-white overflow. This made me realize that lining the baking pan with foil is a good idea! One large egg is about 1/4 cup, by the way.
- Crack the egg into the avocado and place on a baking sheet or pan (that you have lined with foil or greased for easy cleanup if you spill).
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked to the degree of your liking. Check a bit early and watch carefully the last few minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and herbs of choice.