Submitted by: Recipes from Spain
Serve : 2
½ red and green pepper
1 small onion (or ½ onion)
3 garlic cloves
- Use less than half red and green pepper, cut onto stripes and then cut stripes in several pieces. If you prefer you can use eggplant instead of peppers. Chop one onion, or half it it is a big onion. Grate one tomato, first cut it in half, then grate each part until there is only the skin. Cut onto slices 2 bananas.
- Add olive oil in a pan, then add onion and peppers, grated tomato, 3 crushed garlic cloves, some salt and ground pepper. Stir it and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the bananas, and keep stirring frequently, cook for 5 minutes more.
- While the bananas are cooking, whisk 4 eggs in a bowl. When the bananas and other ingredients are cooked, put them together with whisked eggs in the bowl. Add some olive oil in the pan and add the egg mix. Insert a spatula in the borders of omelette to help the egg cook faster. When there is almost no egg liquid it’s time to turn the omelet, I use a pan lid, add a bit of oil in the lid so the omelette will slide easy. Put the lid over the pan, quickly turn the pan, and then let slide the omelet back to the pan.
- Now turn the omelet some more time until is cooked as you like, and it is ready.
- This is a nice recipe to eat just after cooked or even cold, so it is a good choice also for your Tupperware stuff, or for a picnic.