Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda (Mumbai, India) Ingredients : Potato- 250gm or 3-4 medium size Green Chilies- 3 to 4 or as per taste Ginger- garlic paste- 2tsp Curry leaves- 10-12 (optional) Mustered seeds- 1tsp Cumin seeds- 1tsp Fenugreek Seeds- 5-6 kernels Turmeric powder- 1tsp Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp Finely chopped coriander- 2tbsp Veg. Oil- 4 tbsp Salt to taste Method :
- Wash potatoes. Prick the skin of potatoes with fork. Boil potatoes in pressure cooker or microwave for 5 to 8 minutes in cooking polythene bag. Peal their skin and cut into small (cube) pieces. Cut chilies into small pieces or if you like to eat spicy, crush coarsely chilies.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustered seeds for tempering. When mustered seeds are popping, add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, chilies, curry leaves. Sauté for a minute.
- Add hing, turmeric powder. Sauté for a minute. Add ginger- garlic paste. Sauté for a minute. Add potato pieces, salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Rest the pan on low heat with lid. For 2-3 minutes. Add coriander for garnishing. Serve hot with paratha or chapatti. It is going very good with bread also.
- If you don’t have ginger, you can use finely chopped garlic. Instead of coriander, use parsley. (All ingredients available in super market or Indian (Asian) stores.)