Recipe Submitted by : Zeenat Hasta (India)
Preperation Time 30 Minutes
150 gm Potatoes
100 gm Brinjals
100 gm Onions
3-4 Green Chillies
150 gm Cauliflower
Oil for Deep frying
Ingredients for batter
250 gm Gram Flour
1 tsp Pomegranate Seed powder
1 tsp Chilli powder
A pinch of Baking powder
10 gm Bhaang (Hemp) Seed Powder
½ tsp Ajwain
Salt to taste
- Peel and wash vegetables. Cut cauliflower into florets, potatoes and onions into roundels, brinjals into roundels.
- Immerse the brinjals and potatoes in water.
- Wash, slit the green chillies on one side and de-seed.
- Sieve gram flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add ajwain, chilli powder, green chillies, pomegranate seed powder and bhaang(Hemp) seed powder. Add enough water, about 150-200 ml, to make a thick batter of fritter consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to smoking point, reduce to medium heat. Dip the cut vegetable, one by one, in the batter and deep fry until light golden.
- Serve with chutney or sauce.