Recipe Submitted by : Sumitra Gopalan (Kerala, India)
Preperation Time: 15 minutes
1 cabbage shredded
1 Small onion/shallot finely sliced
One cup freshly grated coconut(optional)
1 garlic clove crushed
1/4 tsp jeera seeds
3-4 green chillies- sliced
one twig of curry leaves
one pinch of turmeric
2 table spoon oil
salt to taste
- Fry sliced onions in oil followed by green chillies and crushed garlic.
- When slightly brown add turmeric and jeera. Fry for a minute.
- Add cabbage along with curry leaves. Stir the mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes add salt to taste.
- Check for salt and take from stove when done.
- Dont overcook and dont let cabbage turn mushy.Healthy and delicious Cabbage thoran is ready.