Submitted by : Veselina Zheleva
Duration : 30
Serve : 2
250 grams fresh calamari (cleaned and sliced into thin rings; ! make sure to remove the thin skin of the calamari, before you cut them into rings, it is eatable, but after cooked will be chewy)
5 garlic cloves
1 onion (chopped into small pieces)
1 tea spoon chili flakes
3 table spoons chives (optional)
Juice from 1 lemon
3-4 table spoons vegetable oil or butter
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Place the garlic, onions and chili in the oil. Fry until golden.
- Add the calamari and cook for a minute. Then add the lemon juice, chives and parsley and cook for another minute.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to a nice serving plate.
- You could serve with the Remoulade sauce.
- Please note that when cooking calamari, there need to be only one layer in the skillet. So divide your ingredients into batches. If you have calamari meat for 3 batches, then divide your onions, garlic and greens into three batches and then cook each batch separately.