Recipe Submitted by : Fountain Avenue Kitchen [Click and find more such recipes from Fountain Avenue Kitchen]
1 head cauliflower, stems removed and cut into 2-inch florets
3 eggs, whites only
1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, divided (see note)
1 kosher salt
1 teaspoon Italian herb blend
1 cup baby bellas, quartered
1 cup spinach or kale leaves
1 cup assorted color bell peppers, sliced
1/8 cup black olives
1/2 cup tomato or pizza sauce
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or use pizza stone.
- Steam the cauliflower until it is soft.
- Drain well. Cool a bit and transfer to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the egg whites, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, herbs and salt. Process until combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the crust begins to turn a darker golden brown around the edges with spots on top.
- Remove from the oven, then add desired sauce, toppings, and remainder of cheese.
- Return to oven for 10-12 minutes or until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted and golden.
Note: I used one four-ounce ball of fresh mozzarella in the crust for the one-cup reference. For the 1/2 cup, I thinly slices half of a second, similar-size ball of fresh mozzarella and added that over the vegetables at the end.