Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda (Mumbai, India)
Ingredients for paneer/channa :
Milk – 1/2 liter
Lemon Juice – 1 big
Ingredients for Cham Cham :
Paneer – made from 1/2 lit
All purpose flour / Maida – 2 tsp
Ingredients for Sugar Syrup :
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water 1/2 cup
Kesar colour – few drops
Ingredients for Malai :
Condensed Milk – 3 tbsp
Saffron strands few
Pistachios – 5 -6, slivered
- Follow instructions to make Paneer
- Once the paneer is ready, knead it with 2 tsp of flour to a soft dough. Pinch into small balls and shape them into oval shape.
Method for the syrup:
- Heat the sugar in a pan with enough water to make a thin syrup. Add the saffron strands and kesar colour for the chum chum to absorb.
- Add the paneer balls (cham cham) and cook for 5 mins. When you see that it’s done, allow it to cool.
- Once the cham cham are cooled, remove from the sugar syrup.
- Spread the condensed milk over the chum chum and top it with slivered Pistachios. Serve it chilled