Submitted by : Soul of a Chef
3 cups pork stock
1/2 cup white wine
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra
1 medium onion, minced
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
4 Tbsp. tomato paste
Large pinch saffron threads
2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 cups Valencia rice
1/2 lb. shredded cooked pork
3 oz. Shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
Julienned green, orange, and red bell pepper for garnish
diced red onion for garnish
Fresh oregano for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 450*F.
- Warm stock in a saucepan.
- Put oil in a 12″ oven proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, cook stirring occasionally until vegetables soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, saffron and paprika cook for 1 minute.
- Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally until it is shiny.
- Add wine and let simmer until it is mostly absorbed.
- Add pork and stir to combine.
- Add hot stock and stir until just combined.
- Put pan in oven and cook undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- Check to see if rice is dry and just tender.
- If not return pan to oven for another 10 minutes.
- When rice is ready turn off oven and let pan set for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with cheese and arrange bell pepper and red onions for garnish
- Garnish with fresh oregano