Submitted by : Niti Didi
12 chicken legs ( thats about a kilo)
300 grams of sliced onions ,slice them lengthwise
100 grams of onions, sliced and deep fried till golden brown
100 grams of white natural yogurt
4 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste
3 cloves of garlic and a small piece of ginger
1 tablespoon of Nitu Didi garam masala powder
1 teaspoon of Nitu Didi turmeric powder
4 bay leaves
1 teaspoon of red chilli powder , optional
4 cloves, 1 small piece of cinnamon and 6 green cardamoms
1 teaspoon of salt or more to taste
1/4 cup of cooking oil
1/2 cup of chopped green coriander leaves and some green chillies if you want
- Marinate the chicken legs in salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder while you proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- Deep fry the 100 grams of onions till golden brown and put it in the blender ( i use my BRAVO MAGIC BULLET) with the 3 gloves of garlic, small piece of ginger and the whole spices and yogurt and blend into a paste.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a pan and add the 300 grams of sliced onions with the bay leaves , ginger garlic paste and sautee till transparent. Add the chicken and cook covered till the chicken oozes out its juices and cooks. Add the garam masala and sautee again. Add the tomato paste and cook till the chicken is fork tender.If not add a bit of water and cook till the chicken is fork tender. Add the blended yogurt paste and cook till the oil separates. Add the chopped coriander and green chillies and serve.
- Its best with rice , or naans.. I have served it with my egg and cauliflower pullao
- To make a do pyaaza sauce to freeze: Sautee the sliced onions add the tomato paste and yogurt paste and sautee till the oil separates..this is your do pyaaza sauce….freeze it.
- To cook chicken do pyaaza from your frozen sauce: sautee your chicken in oil till done and add the sauce and cook…….
- To buy BRAVO MAGIC BULLET do send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org