Submitted by :Yummy Yummy
500g de-boned Chicken Thighs & legs preferably or / chicken breast, do not trim off fat..
1/2 Onion or shallots/ pearl onions – 4-5
Garlic- 2 pods
a small pc of galangal or ginger (optional)
1-2 tbsp minced lemon grass (optional)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 teaspoon Brown Sugar
1tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder or a small pc of fresh turmeric
1 tsp Cumin Powder or fresh cumin
1tsp Sweet Paprika Powder
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tablespoon Curry Powder
Fish Sauce – 2 tsp (optional)
Soya Sauce – 2 tsp (optional)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 min.. Cut chicken into thin strips and place in a bowl.
- Place all marinade ingredients in a food processor or chopper. Grind it to paste. Taste-test the marinade – it should taste sweet, spicy, and salty. Add more salt or spices to adjust the taste.
- Pour the marinade over the meat and stir well to combine.
- Allow at least 1 hour for marinating, or longer (up to 24 hours). When ready to cook, thread meat onto the skewers.
- Grill it,turning it every 5 min and basting it with the leftover marinade Depending on how thin your meat is, the satay should cook in 10 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with satay sauce, cucumber and onion.