Recipe Submitted by : Delicious Kitchen
1 kg ripe figs (approximately 24 figs)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup water
Zest of one lemon
2 cinnamon sticks
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Place washed figs in a pot, cover with hot water and bring to the boil then allow to stand for 4 minutes and drain well.
- Add water and sugar to the pot and place on medium heat to dissolve.
- Remove stems from figs, cut into quarters and add to the sugar mixture with the lemon zest, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour until the mixture thickens and mash with a potato masher to give you a more spreadable consistency.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool then store in an air-tight, clean container preferably in the refrigerator.