Recipe Submitted by : Fountain Avenue Kitchen [Click and find more such recipes from Fountain Avenue Kitchen]
2 1/3 cups biscuit mix (like Bisquick)
1/2 cup milk, plus a few extra tablespoons as needed
2-3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
one pint strawberries (stems removed, sliced, and tossed with 2 tablespoons additional sugar)
Warm milk, whipped cream, or yogurt for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients, adding milk a tablespoon at a time until the batter comes together. Mix until just combined.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on a cookie sheet, or spread the batter into a 9×9 pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Individual shortcakes will take a minute or two less.
- Serve warm with strawberries and milk, yogurt, or whipped cream.