Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda (Mumbai, India)
Grated Beet root – 1 cup
Scraped fresh coconut- 2 cups ( when you measure it, fill as much as possible scraped coconut in the cup by pressing)
Sugar- 2 ½ cups ( if you like more sweeter, you can use 3 cups)
Powdered sugar – 2 tsp
Green cardamoms powder- 1 tsp
Milk with cream- 1 cup
Clarified butter (desi ghee)- 1 tsp
- Wash and peel the beetroot. Grate it & grind coarsely.
- Scrap the coconut, take only white part.
- Put beetroot crush, scraped coconut, milk, sugar in large non-stick pan and mix well.
- String continuously for 15-20 minutes on medium heat or till the mixture reduce, thick and separate from pan edge.
- Add green cardamoms powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Grease a plate or square tray with the ghee and pour in this mixture and spread evenly as fast as possible with the help of plastic paper.
- Cut in to diamond shape
- Cool and store in airtight container.
- Fresh coconut has a short life, so consume the burfi as soon as possible or store in refrigerator.