Submitted by : Sorna’s Kitchen
½ cup yellow cornmeal
½ cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup or less sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk
Salt & pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1 packet frankfurters
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar & baking powder.
- Stir in eggs & milk.
- Preheat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Insert wooden skewers into frankfurters.
- Roll frankfurters in batter until well coated.
- Fry 2 or 3 corn dogs at a time until lightly browned & cooked.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.