Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda (Mumbai, India)
Boiled Corn- 2
Onion-1 big sized or 1 cup
Gram or Chickpeas flour (Besan)- 3 tbsp
Rice flour-1 tbsp
Ginger- 1 inch piece
Green Chilies- 2
Cumin powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : ¼ tsp
Asafetida (hing)- ¼ tsp
Red Chili Powder : ½ tsp
Chopped Fresh coriander (cilantro)- ½ cup
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Grind the boiled corn, green chillies, ginger into a paste.
- Combine the ground corn, chopped onion, besan, rice flour, salt, above all spices and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Take a small portion of this mixture and drop them into the hot oil.
- Deep fry the fritters until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oil and serve hot with tomato ketchup.