Submitted by : Carla December
Duration : 1 hour 30 minutes
Serve : 8-12
Yields : 1 loaf
⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded
¼ cup canola oil
1 cup (packed) brown sugar
2 cup roughly chopped crabapple (leave the skins on, but remove the core and seeds)
½ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup buttermilk
- Line a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick foil and lightly grease the bottom only.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Scoop the avocado into a large bowl and mash lightly.
- Add oil and brown sugar to the avocado. Cream together using an electric mixer, until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in crabapples, then walnuts and dry ingredients.
- Stir in buttermilk and beat just until buttermilk is incorporated.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Tip : Awesome with 2 medium bananas as well. If you don’t have oats, sub 1C flour.