Submitted by : Your Everyday Cook Radha
Duration : 30-35 minutes
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oil.if using butter,1 stick softened butter.(I used oil)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup yogurt. If you want to use eggs take 3 eggs
1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
1/2 tsp vanilla flavor, 2 tsp of orange zest,1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Take a 7 inch round cake pan and line and grease well. I took a loaf pan.
- Sift dry ingredients separately and keep aside.Take a separate bowl and beat butter/oil and sugar till light and fluffy .
- If using eggs,put one egg at a time and beat well. Add the orange zest and vanilla.If using yogurt mix orange juice and yogurt together and fold in the dry mixture slowly. Don’t beat too much.
- Gently fold and pour the cake batter into the cake pan and bake at 180C degrees / 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes.Test it in the center to check if cake is done by inserting a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing.
- This cake tastes even better the next day after refrigeration and slices well.
Tip:Roll dried cranberries in some flour before mixing with other ingredients to prevent them from sinking to the bottom.