Submitted by : Snax Time
Duration : 30 to 35 min
Serve : 4
1 fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces(with skin)
4 cups water
¼ cup salt
1tsp of red chilli
½ cup cornflour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 cup maida
Salt and pepper to taste
1tbsp of green chillies crushed
- Combine the water and the salt in a large bowl with green chillies. Place the chicken pieces in the water and let the chicken soak for at least one hour. Do not drain the chicken pieces.
- Fill the bottom of the pressure cooker with about 2″ of canola oil. The amount of oil should not be more than 2″ in depth. Heat the oil in the pressure cooker, uncovered, until the oil reaches 375.
- Combine the seasoned fry mix, cornstarch, baking powder, seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in enough water to the dry ingredients to make a thin, runny batter.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the batter. Move the chicken pieces around so that they are thoroughly coated in the batter.
- Using tongs, take the chicken pieces from the batter and put them into the pressure cooker. Deep-fry the chicken in the pressure cooker, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Carefully slide the lid onto the pressure cooker base. Tighten down the lid. You will see some steam release from the pressure valve. This is normal.
- Cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully pull up on the pressure valve and let the steam escape for about 1 minute, then loosen the lid and slide it off.
- Remove the chicken from the pressure cooker with tongs and place on a rack to drain.
- Let the chicken cool for 20 minutes before eating.Serve it with crispy french fries n enjoy it with ketchup
Tip:Used skinned chicken for more crispness.