Submitted by : Food Corner
1 medium size cucumber
2-3 green chili sliced lengthwise
1 onion sliced
1 sprig curry leaves
1inch piece pandan leaf/(rampa)
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
Piece of cinnamon
Salt to taste
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1 cup thin coconut milk
2-3 cloves garlic
3 tbspn grated fresh coconut
½ tsp pepper powder
- Peel cucumber, remove the seeds and cut into pieces.(about 1 inch)
- Add all the spices together with green chili, onion, rampa and curry leaves.
- Mix all and add thin coconut milk and allow to cook in medium flame.
- Meanwhile grind garlic, fresh grated coconut and pepper together into a paste.
- Once cucumber is cooked add thick coconut milk. Stir well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Then add grinded coconut, garlic and pepper paste on to it and mix well. This paste will make the gravy thicker.
- Simmer for few seconds and remove from the flame.
- Serve and enjoy!!