Preperation Time 20 Minutes
600 gms of river fish
1 cup yogurt
Salt to taste
2 small sized onions
3 green chillies
2 tblspns of ghee
2 bay leaves
3-4 green cardamom
- Clean, wash and cut fish into medium sized pieces. Whisk yogurt, add salt and marinate fish in this for twenty minutes.
- Peel onions and grate them. Wash green chillies and slit them into two. Keep aside.
- Take ghee in a kadai and add bay leaves, cloves and green cardamom. Cook for fifteen seconds. Add grated onions. Sauté for five to seven minutes.
- Add halved green chillies and fish marinated in yogurt. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook on a low fire for seven to eight minutes.
- Chef’s Tip : Some people like this recipe cooked in mustard oil. If you wish to use mustard oil, bring it to a smoking point, cool it and then use as normal.