Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda (Mumbai, India)
Chopped spinach – 2 cups
Boiled sweet corns kernels – 1tbsp
Mozzarella cheese – 1cup
Cheddar cheese- ½ cup
Finely chopped garlic – 6 cloves
Dried Oregano- 1tsp
Black pepper powder- 1tsp
Salt to taste
Olive oil / butter – 2tsp
Veg. oil (for frying) – as required
Sliced bread – as required
- Put olive oil & garlic in bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add spinach, corns, salt, oregano & black pepper powder. Microwave for 1 or 2 min. Remove bowl from microwave. (This process can be done in pan also.)
- Add grated mozzarella & cheddar cheese. Mix it well.
- Remove crust sides from bread. Soak each slice, one at a time, in water for about ten seconds. Squeeze out water by pressing between palms.
- Place a bread slice on the work top, place some of the above mixture in the center on one side and roll the rest if the slice over to cover the stuffing firmly.
- Ensure that the edges are well sealed. Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan and deep fry the rolls until golden brown.
- Drain and place on an absorbent paper. Serve hot.