Recipe Submitted by : Arabic Bites
Chicken ½ kg
Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
Onions 1 medium
Curd 700-800 grams
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder 1tsp
Garam masala powder ¼ tsp
Cinnamon sticks 2 ( ½ inch in length)
Charoli seeds ½ tbsp
Cashew nuts 10-11
Green chillies 3-4
Coriander leaves, chopped 1tbsp
Mint leaves, chopped 1tbsp
Salt to taste
- Finely slice onion into rings. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions for 10-15 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Grind charoli seeds and cashew nuts to paste in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken pieces, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, garam masala powder, cinnamon, cloves, curd, ground charoli seeds and cashew nuts. Marinate for about half an hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add the chicken mixture and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chillies. Mix well.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Garnish with the fried onions.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and khatti daal.