Submitted by : It’s All About Seem’s Food
Duration : 60 minutes
Chicken 1 (whole) 1 k.g
Yoghurt 250 gms.
Sliced onion 1 cup sliced
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Poppy seeds 2 tsp
Cashew nuts 8-10
Thick cream 2 tbsp (optional) (I used in this recipe)
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Saffron few threads
Chilli powder 1 tsp (less or more)
Salt to taste
Almonds 4-5 (optional)
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Ghee or oil 2 -3 tbsp
- Take a whole chicken wash it and drain out the excess water from it or keep in a colander for few minutes .
- Mark deep cuts on it with knife.
- In a deep wok heat oil add sliced onion, when golden brown take them out and make a thick paste out of it.
- Dry roast poppy seeds, cashew nuts, almonds slightly and make a thick paste out of it or you can make a combine paste of brown onion and roasted nuts.
- In a bowl put onion n nuts paste, ginger garlic paste, beaten yoghurt,salt, chilli powder ,garam masala powder, saffron strands, fresh thick cream, lemon juice, black pepper powder, mix it nicely and coat on whole chicken .marinate the chicken for 5-6 hours in refrigerator.
- In same wok n in same ghee or oil put this chicken cover the lid n let it cook on a very low heat, you can check it and stir and keep turning the chicken sides while stirring in between .
- If you see no water than u can sprinkle lill water on the sides of the wok not over the chicken or you cook it on top of tawa also. it takes 40 – 50 minutes to cook on low heat.when chicken is tender and the masala is very thick , the chicken is ready to serve garnish with julienne cut ginger,chopped fresh coriander or any thing else you like.
Please note :
- You can omit any of the ingredient if you don’t like ,i gave the ingredients exactly what i followed with this recipe.
- If you are not using non stick wok than seal your utensil with flour dough b’cz non stick lid is always tight so i did not used flour dough.