Submitted by : Pinkys Cook Book
Boiled eggs – 3
Onion sliced – 1 big
Tomato medium sized – 2
Ginger chopped- 1 inch
Garlic chopped- 7
Desiccated or grated coconut – 2 t spoons
Coriander seeds- 1.5 t spoons
Saunf- 1 pinch
KashmirI red chilies- 2
Cinnamon- 1/2 inch
Star anise- 1 small piece
Salt – to taste
Water- 1.5 cups
Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Soak the kashmiri chilies in 2 spoons of hot water.
- Roast the coriander seeds and when it starts to become light brown, add saunf and the coconut. Saute it for a minute. Keep it aside and let it cool down.
- Grind the kashmiri chilies and the roasted mixture into a paste with little water.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic and saute it for a minute.
- Add the onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook and mash it well.
- Grind this fried mixture into a paste.
- Add a spoon of oil. Add clove, cinnamon, star anise and cardamom and sauté for a minute.
- Add the onion paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander paste and saute until it is brown and roasted well.
- Add water, let it boil and thicken.
- Slowly drop the boiled cut egg.
- Serve it with roti or rice.