Submitted by : Maha’s Fine Egyptian Cuisine
Duration : 45 minutes
Serve : 6
3 cups all purpose flour
1 table spoon salt
2 cups warm water
½ cup cooking oil
- The dough will be sticky and hard, knead for 15 mins. in a bread machine on pizza dough setting or 20 mins. on your counter.
- The dough becomes soft and easy to handle, make it into a ball shape, cover it with some oil.
- Wrap in plastic wrap then put back in a bowl cover with a clean towel and leave it to rest over night.
- Brush your working space with some oil and cut your dough into small balls and start flattening into the round size that u desire.
- Either stuff your Feteer dough and shape into pockets and bake in 350 degree oven until golden brown or cook on top of the stove, which is my easiest discovery, until golden in colour and fill with your favourite filling and bon appetite.
If the dough is too sticky you can always add some flour and if the dough is too dry you can always add some water and some oil.