Recipe Submitted by : Sparrows and Spatulas [Click and find more such recipes from Sparrows and Spatulas]
5 ears of corn, shucked
1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 tablespoons good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone.
- Drain and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color.
- When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.