Recipe Submitted by : Purvas-Food-Funda [Click and find more such recipes from Purvas-Food-Funda]
Fresh cashew nuts (ole kaju)- 2 cups
Potato- 1 med size
Onion- 1 med. size
Grated fresh or dry coconut- 1 cup
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Red chilli powder or home made masala – 3 tsp or as per taste
Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
Garam masala powder- 2 tsp
Salt- as per taste
Veg. oil- 2 tbsp
Fresh coriander- 2tbsp
Water- As required
- Peel & wash cashew nuts properly.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch pieces. Finely chopped onion.
- Heat little oil in a pan. Add grated coconut.
- Sauté till it turn brown. Cool it & Put it in mixi, add some water. Grind into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a large pan or kadai (wok).
- Add onion & sauté till it turn dark brown (not burnt). Add hing, turmeric powder & sauté for a minute. Add chili powder, ginger-galic paste and 2-3 tbsp above coconut paste.
- Sauté till oil come out from masala. Add cashew nuts, potato & some water. Cover & cook for 5-6 minutes. Add salt, garam masala & some water. Mix well & cook for 3-4 minutes .
- Add some water & adjust consistency as per personal choice. Continue to simmer this curry for 3 to 4 minutes or until cashew nuts & potato cooked.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve hot with roti/chapati or rice or bread also.