Submitted by : Joure’s Rustic Kitchen
4 Komati tomatoes
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
60g plain flour
250g blitzed Cream Crackers
20g powdered parmesan
Salt and pepper to season the flour
Vegetable oil for frying
- Slice the tomatoes into 4 slices each.
- Beat the egg and milk together.
- Blitz the Cream Crackers and parmesan together until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the salt and pepper to the flour.
- Dip a slice of tomato into the flour, then the egg, and then the Cream Cracker and parmesan mix. Make sure you pat the Cream Cracker mix on tightly.
- Repeat until all the tomato slices are coated.
- It always works better if you can refrigerate them for a while before you fry them, but it isn’t necessary.
- In hot oil, fry the one side of the tomato until golden, then flip over and fry the other side. Be careful, this happens quickly, and a burnt one really doesn’t taste so good.
- Drain them on kitchen paper and serve!
Note :They go fantastically well with some cheese and sausages, or they are great as just a snack by themselves.