Recipe Submitted by : The Dessert Cart [ <- Click for more such wonderful recipe from The Dessert Cart]
3 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
8-9 cloves crushed garlic (sautee the garlic in a little olive oil)
A few sprigs of oregano
1 cup water
25g fresh yeast (or 12.5g dry yeast)
2 teaspoons sugar
Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- Make the water luke warm, and add sugar and yeast in it.
- Keep aside for 6 to 7 minutes, the yeast will appear frothy.
- Mix the salt and oil in the flour.
- Make a soft dough, using the yeast liquid.
- Knead the dough thoroughly till smooth and elastic.
- Keep aside for 1 hour, covering it with a plastic sheet.
- When the rises to double its size, punch it back to the original size.
- Add half the sauteed garlic and herbs into the dough. Mix well.
- On a greased baking tin, shape it into medium sized balls and arrange in a circular manner, or as desired.
- Leave to rise for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 180C and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, and just as its turning into a golden brown colour, smear butter on top, and add the rest of the sauteed garlic on top and sprinkle the parmesan over, then bake for approx. 2-3 minutes more on 200C.