Recipe Submitted by : Sparrows and Spatulas [Click and find more such recipes from Sparrows and Spatulas]
24 baby carrots, tops trimmed to 2 inches
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
Pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup chicken stock (I used vegetable)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
1 tablespoon furikake (See Method)
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the carrots until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain the carrots.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the carrots, ginger and cinnamon and cook over moderate heat, tossing occasionally, until the ginger is fragrant,about 3 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the chicken stock and boil over moderately high heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let cool for 30 seconds.Swirl in the butter, lime juice and Sriracha and season with salt.
- Arrange the carrots on a platter and spoon the ginger-lime sauce on top. (Sprinkle with the furikake and serve.)
Note :Furikake is available at Asian markets and many specialty food stores. It is a mixture of dried and ground fish, sesame seeds and chopped seaweed. I added a a few sesame seeds instead of making a pilgrimage to a Japanese market.