Submitted by : Veselina Zheleva
Duration : 1 hour
Serve : 10
100 grams sugar
50 grams brown sugar
200 grams honey
200 ml vegetable oil
10 grams baking powder
10 grams mix herbs – cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger
650 grams sifted all purpose flour
- Mix the honey, sugar and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until all the sugar melts. When the sugar melts, add the spices and the baking powder and stir well. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan. Take the honey mixture off the heat, transfer it to a large bowl and leave to cool for 15 minutes, as stirring frequently.
- After the honey mixture is cool, add the eggs and stir until well mixed. Add the olive oil and mix well until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
Start to add the flour, a couple of spoons at a time. After the mixture becomes hard to mix with a spatula, transfer it to a floured kneading board. Knead until all the flour is incorporated and all ingredients are well mixed.
- Transfer the dough to the fridge and let it stay for an hour or two before baking.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out the cookies in the desired shapes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (350 F). Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes, depending on your oven and the thickness of the cookies. I baked mine exactly 10 minutes.