Submitted by : Joure’s Rustic Kitchen
For the cake:
3 eggs – separated
2 ¼ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 fresh granadillas
For the icing:
1 fresh granadilla
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Cream the butter and the egg yolks.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, and milk.
- Beat until smooth in texture.
- Add the vanilla and fresh granadillas.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites and bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on the size of your pan.
- When done, let it cool in the pan before you take it out.
- Mix the ingredients for the icing together, you can make enough to completely cover the cake, or just the top.
Note : This cake always tastes better the next day, but don’t expect it to last that long.