Recipe Submitted by : Fountain Avenue Kitchen [Click and find more such recipes from Fountain Avenue Kitchen]
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds tuna steaks
- Mix all ingredients together, except the tuna, in a zipper top bag.
- Add the tuna, seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to eat, remove tuna from marinade and grill over medium-high heat to your preferred level of doneness.
- Serve with the avocado wasabi sauce, if desired.
Ingredients for Avocado Wasabi Sauce
1/2 a ripe avocado
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani non-fat for this)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon wasabi powder (or more to taste)
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the wasabi powder in the lime juice. Scoop the avocado out of the shell and into the bowl.
- Mash well. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until completely blended. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Will keep several days stored, covered, in the fridge.
- This recipe yields about one cup of sauce and may be doubled easily.