Submitted by : Date Night Doins BBQ
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Grill: Memphis Elite Wood Fire Pellet Grill/Smoker
Pellets: Natures Way Pecan
1 firm ripe banana for each person
Topping of your choice
- Butterfly your banana by cutting it end to end but not cutting through, leaving the peel on to hold it together.
- Then fold the banana open so it will lay flat. Brush the banana with the melted butter and sprinkle it with the brown sugar.
- Grill your unpeeled banana 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees (205c), the peel will turn black. You want the banana heated through but still firm.
- When heated through place it into your serving dish and top with chocolate, ice cream, nuts and whipped cream. Whatever topping you like.
Cooking Directions: Memphis Wood Fire Pellet Grill/Smoker
- To prepare the grill for cooking, check your pellet supply – top off or change flavours as needed.
- Scrape grill grates off, scrape flavorizer off and sweep any ash out of the burn pot. Check the grease pans and change them if needed.
- Set ITC to 400 degrees (205c) and give the grill about 10 minutes to reach temperature.
- Place your bananas directly onto the grill and just let it hang out in the smoke and get happy for 8 to 10 minutes so, until heated through.
Note: I get a lot of questions about the kind of pellets you can use with a recipe. Keep in mind that a recipe is just an outline. Some you need follow closely like when you are making bread, but most you can do anything you can dream, our favorite way to cook. Feel free to mix and match the pellets until you find a combination you really like. Also you are only smoking at temps less than 250 degrees, anything higher is cooking and there will not be much if any smoke so it does not matter what kind of pellet you are using.