Submitted by : Chef Noor
1/2 cup kosher(sea salt)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
6 chicken legs quarters
Basting sauce(recipe of sauce below)
RECIPE OF BASTING SAUCE=
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 cup canola oil
8 cup ice cubes
- In a small saucepan bring one cup water to a boil.stir the salt and brown sugar into the boiling water until dissolve.
- Place the ice cubes in large container.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture over the ice cubes and stir to mix and cool.
- Add the leg quarters to the cool brine. make sure that they are submerged.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Before cooking remove the brine, rinse and dry.
- Preheat the grill to medium to high. place the chicken on grill cook for 10 minutes from both sides.
- Then brush with a thick coating of basting sauce.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Coat with sauce on other side and cook for more 10 minutes, so that juice should run clear.
- Serve immediately after cooking.
Method to Prepare Basting Sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, 1/4 cup lime juice,honey and salt.
- While constantly whisking,very slowly drizzle in the canola oil ,drop by drop,until the emulsion forms and then continue adding oil in a slow steady stream. The mixture should thicker to consistency of mayonnaise.
- Whisk a little water to thin the final sauce to the consistency of a creamy salad dressing.