Recipe Submitted by : Sonja (Germany)
Preperation Time: 60 minutes
4 Medium potatoes
1/2 ts Pepper
1/2 lb Garlic Sausage(Garlic Sausage should be the smoked kind, cooked and sliced.)
8 c Water
2 tb Vegetable Oil
2 lb Fresh Kale
1 ts Salt
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes with vegetable and oil till the potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes and reserve liquid.
- Mash potatoes through a sieve and return to potato liquid.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Wash kale discarding all tough leaves and cut into shreds.
- Add to potatoes and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add sausage.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes.