Submitted by : EasyFud
Duration : 45
Serve : 4
Mawa/Khoa(dried whole milk) 200 gm
Chhena/Curd cheese 50 gm
Maida 30 gm
Cardamom 6 no
Soda bi-carbonate 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Sugar 400 gm
- Grate mawa and curd cheese.
- Mix mawa, chhena, maida, soda bi-carbonate and add some water to make a soft dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Make small balls using the dough. Dont press the dough hard while making the balls.
- Heat 400ml of water in a thick bottomed vessel. add sugar, chopped cardamom and boil in a slow flame for 20 minutes or till the syrup comes to a sticky consistency. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai. Fry the dough balls in a slow fire till golden brown.
- Transfer the fried balls to the sugar syrup and leave it for minimum 20 to 30 minutes. Fried balls enlarges 3 times in size from the dough ball size.