Recipe Submitted by : Purva’s Food Funda (Mumbai, India)
Rice – 2 cups
Split green gram (Mung Dal)- 1 cup
Peanuts – ½ cup
Coarsely chopped spinach – 2 to 3 cups
Chopped onion- 1 cup
Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup
Crushed garlic – 1tbsp
Mustered seeds – 1tsp
Cumin seeds- 1tbsp
Asafetida (Hing)- ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Chilly powder or Homemade (gharguti) masala- 2 tsp
Goda masala- 2tsp
Salt- as per taste
Oil – 4 tbsp
Hot water – 4 to 5 cups
Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
Desi Ghee or Sajuk Tup (Clarified butter) – as required.
- Sock peanuts in water for 1 hour. Wash rice,& mung dal properly and keep aside.
- Heat casserole. Put oil. Add mustered seeds. When it pooped, add cumin seeds, garlic and onion. When onion become pink, add turmeric powder, hing, chilly powder and sauté for 2 minutes. Add tomato, groundnuts and goda masala. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and dal. Add hot water as required. Cooked for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can also make this rice in pressure cooker. Before serving, add ghee on rice.
- Garnish with grated coconut. Serve hot.
Goda masala of different brands easily available in the market(india).