Recipe Submitted by : The Dessert Cart
2 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
8 cloves crushed garlic (sautee the garlic in a little olive oil)
A mixture of herbs (oregano & thyme)
3/4 cup water
15g fresh yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
- Make the water luke warm, and add sugar and yeast in it.
- Keep aside for 6 to 7 minutes, the yeast will appear frothy.
- Mix the salt and oil in the flour.
- Make a soft dough, using the yeast liquid.
- Knead the dough thoroughly till smooth and elastic.
- Keep aside for 1 hour, covering it with a plastic sheet.
- When the rises to double its size, punch it back to the original size.
- Add the sauteed garlic and herbs into the dough. Mix well.
- On a greased baking tin, shape it into a loaf, or as desired.
- Leave to rise for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C and bake for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, until the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
- Smear butter on top.