Submitted by :Cibo
Duration : 1 hour
Serve : 5-6
Rice 1/2 kg soaked for 20 minutes
Oil 1 tbsp
Fennel seeds 4 tbsp
Coriander seeds 4 tbsp
Onion medium 1 roughly chopped
Garlic cloves 4-5
Water 5 cups
Onion 1 medium sliced
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
Black pepper 3
Green cardamom 2
Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Boil chicken with all the above ingredients for about 1 hr on low flame.
- When chicken is tender, remove from stock and reduce stock by 3-4 cups. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and fry onion till brown. Add ginger garlic paste, black pepper, cloves, cardamom and finally the cooked chicken.
- Fry all together until chicken turns light golden brown.
- Remove the chicken again and set aside.
- Sprinkle a pinch of orange food color and a tbsp of oil over hot chicken and rub together.
- In the above pan with onions and spices, add yogurt and cook well.
- Add stock and let it boil.
- Add soaked rice in boiling stock and cook until all the water dries up.
- For dum, Add combine chicken with rice, drizzle Kewra essence, sliced ginger and oil over rice, cover and cook in low flame for 10-15 minutes.